|Milton Township Democratic Meeting, May 9, 2004
||[Jun. 10th, 2004|07:51 pm]
Glenbard West Young Democrats
The meeting last night was held at Arrowhead Golf course at 7 pm. Milton Township chairman Mark Demich (who came to us in a recent meeting) presided over the meeting. Also in attendance were the campaign managers of Chrisitne Demich and Barack Obama, as well as several local candidates and David Shaper, reporter from NPR's "Weekend All Things Considered". Several volunteer opportunities were also discussed, including the following:
Democratic Party of DuPage County 2004 Fundraising Campaign
- Doug Cole will chair this effort
- July 12th through August 8th
- Looking for individuals to VOLUNTEER with phone banks (weel organized, scripted, easy and fun) who are willing to commit to two nights of calling
Wheaton 4th of July Parade
- Professional Float
- Need riders, walkers, people to distribute candy/flags and literature
- Please wear red, white, and blue atire as well as stickers and signs
- Meet at float: 12 PM on North Maine Street at Fifth Third Bank (park eithe east or west of Main Street)
- Parade Steps off: 1 PM
- BARACK OBAMA WILL BE THERE!
- July 3rd party/prep/sign Making Picnic night before at Janice Rinehart's house
- Pot Luck Picnic(burgers and hot dos supplied, you bring the rest!)
- Poster board and markers will be available for poster sign making, but come prepared with ideas and slogans
1275 Loughborough Court
- When: 3 PM
- RSVP:(630) 881-7812
- Call Janice Rinehart at (630) 881-7812 with questions
DuPage County Fair - Democratic Booth
- Sunday, July 25th (9AM-8PM)
- 3-hour time slots(/li>
- hosting foreign exchange students
- if interested: call Tara McKinnon at (630) 836-9388
- side note: this is just something for you or your family to do as a representation of Democrats in the heart of a Republican area. It is not realted to the Democratic Party or the meeting :)
Guy Rosenthal Campaign Kickoff
- State Representative for the 48th (?) District
- June 13th (5PM) at Pete and Johnny's Restaurant
- 2901 Ogden Ave., Lisle (1/2 mile East of Naper Blvd.)
- Minimum Donation $35
Ba-ROCK the House Party
- June 29th 6:30PM - 8:30 PM
- Mark Demich's Home (218 West Lincoln, Wheaton)
- RSVP to Mark Demich at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (630) 588-9242
- Side Note: You can actually have one of your very own Ba-Rock the House Parties, simply get the information at Baracks website (link at top of page) and you will receive a video from the campaign as well as a phone call from Obama, himself, during your party. This is a great way to get your friends and neighbors involved in the campaign and inform them about elcetion issues!
Honk For Peace
- June 19th, 2:30 PM, in front of Trader Joe's on Roosevelt Rd.
- Come, if you like, with posters and stickers or just honk on your way by!
Art for Cegelis
- June 22nd
- see Cegelis website for more info
- Democratic Booth volunteers
- This Weekend, May 12 and May 13
- 2nd street and York Rd in Elmhurst
Also, Doug Henk(6th District County Board) has created Christine Cegelis and other Democratic Party T-Shirts. If you are intersted (for $10), go to http://www.doughenk.com/.
Finally, the NPR Program reported by David Shaper will Air on June 19th between 4 and 5 PM on 91.5 FM...I will record and Post it here so don't worry if you miss it!
P.S. A Letter From Mr. President
The meeting at Milton Township went well as five Young Democrats members showed up and the crowd in general was great. Adam Porton, Matt Kennedy, and I (Suhail Khokhar) were interviewed by NPR and our clip will be broadcast on Saturday, June 19 at 4 till 5 in the afternoon. The station is 91.5 and and show is called All Things Considered (I believe). Also, for those of you interested in volunteering for a campaign, the campaign office for Cegalis and Obama has opened in DuPage County and is located on North Avenue 53 ( go west on North Avenue and turn left into 53, you willl see some officces there, just look for the one that says Democrats). Call me at (630) 260-9910 for any info and for those who will be seniors, the registration is due June 15. You can register online at this website Application for Election Judge | DuPage County Elections. PLEASE DO THIS PROMPTLY. I hope to see some volunteering and will keep you all posted on updates. Thanks and good luck.
ps- who is that girl that showed up to the young democrats meeting when cegalis showed up, she was new and not a junior. i asked this in the previous mail and did not get a response (someone has to know). thanks once again